Dijon Four-Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook lima and green beans according to package directions; drain. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Add kidney beans.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil and salt; shake well. Pour over beans and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 195 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Dijon Four-Bean Salad
"Excellent flavor! This was easily made from pantry and freezer staples. It was crunchy, tasty, and colorful, and even my veggie- challenged husband liked it!"