Dijon Four-Bean Salad Recipe
Karen Riordan of Fern Creek, Kentucky dresses up traditional bean salad with a tangy Dijon mustard vinaigrette. "I'm a busy home-schooling mom, so I love how easy this colorful side dish is to prepare," Karen says. It's also perfect for picnics or potlucks.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook lima and green beans according to package directions; drain. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Add kidney beans.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil and salt; shake well. Pour over beans and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 195 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Dijon Four-Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC