Karen Riordan of Fern Creek, Kentucky dresses up traditional bean salad with a tangy Dijon mustard vinaigrette. "I'm a busy home-schooling mom, so I love how easy this colorful side dish is to prepare," Karen says. It's also perfect for picnics or potlucks.
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook lima and green beans according to package directions; drain. Place in a large serving bowl; cool. Add kidney beans.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, oil and salt; shake well. Pour over beans and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Four-Bean Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p33
Reviews for Dijon Four-Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"Excellent flavor! This was easily made from pantry and freezer staples. It was crunchy, tasty, and colorful, and even my veggie- challenged husband liked it!"