- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine
- Place the first six ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil and margarine over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts
"Good taste, very moist. I am not a mustard person and would use less mustard, but the chicken was great."
"The chicken was very good the evening I fixed it. However, the leftovers were not nearly as good."
"Very flavorful and easy to make!"
"OMG! this was sooo good. I'm making it with chicken tenders next time...mmm"
"simple and tasty...I want to make it again but with honey mustard....."
"my son even ate it and he's very picky."