Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts
If you're craving fried chicken, this dish will hit the spot! A crisp and flavorful coating makes this easy entree feel special and indulgent. Jacqui Correa - Landing, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine
- Place the first six ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with
- mustard; roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil and margarine over
- medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch,