Dijon Crumb Chicken Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and mustard. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is golden brown, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 414 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 853mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Dijon Crumb Chicken
"Very good recipe...the whole family enjoyed this meal, kids ages ranging 4 to 12. Wouldn't change a thing about it. Thank you for sharing this recipe"
"I used Panko bread crumbs and baked the chicken in the oven - DELISH! My 18 year old gobbled it up and ate the left overs (very few) just hours later. Will make again!!"
"Quick recipe - very good! We like the dijon mustard that adds flavor."
"This was easy to make with ingredients on hand and turned out fabulous. We added cayenne for a little kick."
"Baked in oven. Very good."
"This was so delicious! It would be a great dinner recipe for company or just to make for lunch. My family loved the flavor."
"This was awesome. I saw this recipe in Taste of Homes Simple& Delicious Dec 2008 issue. And 2 years later I'm trying it for the first time."
"This is delicious! I like to make this for company."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.