This is, by far, my most requested recipe. In addition to the traditional grapes, this chicken salad also features sweet apricots.—Raymond Sienko, Hawleyville, Connecticut
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour into chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Dijon Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review