Dijon Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
I first served this chicken liver pate at a holiday party quite a few years ago, and it was a real hit. The special flavoring comes from cream cheese, mustard and pork sausage. —Katherine Wells, Brodhead, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound chicken livers, cut in half
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each minced chives, dried parsley flakes, tarragon and marjoram
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the drippings, cook chicken livers over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Place chicken livers, milk and mustard in a blender or food processor; cover and process. Add sausage mixture, cream cheese and seasonings; cover and process until nearly smooth.
- 3. Pour into a 3-cup serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 69 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Dijon Chicken Liver Pate
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC