Dijon Chicken Kabobs
"People are always asking for the recipe for these tangy, juicy chicken kabobs," comments Earleen Lillegard of Prescott, Arizona.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- In a bowl, combine mustard and onion. In another bowl, combine bread
- crumbs and parsley. Toss chicken in mustard mixture, then coat
- evenly with crumb mixture. Line a baking sheet with foil; coat the
- foil with cooking spray. Thread chicken onto metal or soaked wooden
- skewers, leaving a small space between chunks. Place on the prepared
- baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 222 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.