Dijon Chicken Bake
Mustard brings lively flavor to this tender oven-baked chicken recipe from Susie Castleberry, Poplar, Wisconsin. “Once it's circled our dinner table, there's seldom any left,” says the mother of eight.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan
- cheese. In a shallow bowl, whisk the milk and mustard until blended.
- Dip chicken, a few pieces at a time, into milk mixture, then place
- in bag and shake to coat.
- Place chicken, bone side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until juices
- run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 623 calories, 32 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 1,490 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.