Start your next dinner off with this dish from Diane Hendrixson of Wapakoneta, OH. Elegance has never been so easy. This tender, lightly pan-fried chicken is topped with a creamy Dijon sauce that pairs beautifully with wilted spinach flavored with a hint of garlic.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- Paprika, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; coat with flour mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream, eggs and mustard; stir into the pan drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and sauce reaches 160°.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Spoon mustard sauce over chicken; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve with spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken and Spinach in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon Chicken and Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review