Start your next dinner off with this dish from Diane Hendrixson of Wapakoneta, OH. Elegance has never been so easy. This tender, lightly pan-fried chicken is topped with a creamy Dijon sauce that pairs beautifully with wilted spinach flavored with a hint of garlic.
Recommended: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- Paprika, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; coat with flour mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream, eggs and mustard; stir into the pan drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and sauce reaches 160°.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Spoon mustard sauce over chicken; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve with spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken and Spinach in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon Chicken and Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2012
"chicken good, didn't like sauce"
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
"Quick to prepare, delicious to eat!"
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2009