Dijon Chicken and Spinach Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- Paprika, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; coat with flour mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream, eggs and mustard; stir into the pan drippings. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and sauce reaches 160°.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook and stir over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Spoon mustard sauce over chicken; sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve with spinach. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Dijon Chicken and Spinach
Sort By :
chicken good, didn't like sauce
Quick to prepare, delicious to eat!