- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- For topping, in a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, marjoram, oregano, sage, pepper and soup. Stir until well blended; set aside.
- For crust, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl; cut in shortening. Add milk and stir until combined (mixture resembles a soft biscuit dough). Pat dough into a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Spread beef mixture over crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Different Pizza in Country Ground Beef 1993, p66
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Different Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review