You'll need just seven basic ingredients to stir up a batch of these delicious diamond-shaped bars. "They're simple to fix for a bake sale or when your kids want a snack," says Lois Lipker of Ormand Beach, Florida.
60 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour until blended.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1 minute longer or until chips
- are melted. Spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and
- coconut. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.