Diamond Bars Recipe
You'll need just seven basic ingredients to stir up a batch of these delicious diamond-shaped bars. "They're simple to fix for a bake sale or when your kids want a snack," says Lois Lipker of Ormand Beach, Florida.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour until blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1 minute longer or until chips are melted. Spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Diamond Bars
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC