- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour until blended.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake 1 minute longer or until chips are melted. Spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into diamond shapes. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Diamond Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p44
Reviews for Diamond Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review