Diabetic Spiced Beets Recipe
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, bay leaf, clove, pepper and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute until dissolved. Pour over beets. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Discard bay leaf and clove. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 37 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Diabetic Spiced Beets
"Wonderful dish, goes with almost meat dish. I have now made this several times."