- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- In a saucepan, bring the vinegar, water, bay leaf, clove, pepper and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute until dissolved. Pour over beets. Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight. Discard bay leaf and clove. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Diabetic Spiced Beets in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p43
Reviews for Diabetic Spiced Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2017
"I love this quick recipe.Even if I were not diabetic, I would love this recipe and it goes well as a side with anything."
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2010
"Wonderful dish, goes with almost meat dish. I have now made this several times."