Diabetic Orange Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil spread
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a medium cowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins. Add egg substitute and orange juice; mix well.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 102 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Diabetic Orange Cookies
"These are very good! Thanks for the recipe!"
"I'm not a splenda after taste fan, but these cookies are pretty tasty. I added a bit extra orange zest...I like orange flavor. Over all a good diabetic cookie!"
"thank you for the post, just what I need."