Diabetic Orange Cookies Recipe
These good-for-you cookies have a wonderful citrus flavor and just the right amount of natural sweetness. You'll find they appeal to everyoneeven to folks who aren't on restricted diets.Ginette Martino, Deltona, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil spread
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a medium cowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in vegetable oil spread until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins. Add egg substitute and orange juice; mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Diabetic Orange Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p44
Reviews for Diabetic Orange Cookies(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2013
These are very good! Thanks for the recipe!
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
I'm not a splenda after taste fan, but these cookies are pretty tasty. I added a bit extra orange zest...I like orange flavor. Over all a good diabetic cookie!
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2008
thank you for the post, just what I need.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >