Deviled Swiss Steak
This main dish is satisfying all by itself. But you can also serve this Swiss steak over hot mashed potatoes.Melissa Gerken, Zumbrota, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, salt
- and pepper. Add steaks and shake to coat. In a large nonstick
- skillet, brown steaks on both sides in butter. Transfer to a 5-qt.
- slow cooker. Top with onion. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes,
- Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar; pour over meat and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 286 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 5757 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.