- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Add steaks and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown steaks on both sides in butter. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar; pour over meat and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Deviled Swiss Steak in Country Woman January/February 2003, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Deviled Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2010
"complimented with potatoes and vegetable my family loved this easy to do recipe"