- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef flank steaks (1 pound each), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Add steaks and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown steaks on both sides in butter. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with onion. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar; pour over meat and onion. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Deviled Swiss Steak
Sort By :
complimented with potatoes and vegetable my family loved this easy to do recipe