Deviled Ham Muffins Recipe
In Yakima, Washington, Roberta Morgan shares her secret filling for these savory muffins. It's a surprising mixture of deviled ham and chopped carrot, celery and onions that makes the yummy muffins hearty and moist. The hand-held recipe is perfect for on-the-go breakfasts or afternoon snacks.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) deviled ham spread
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ham and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Make an indentation in the center of each muffin; fill with 1 tablespoon ham mixture.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 10 muffins.
1 each: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Deviled Ham Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC