Deviled Ham and Egg Appetizer
My mother would make this recipe as a way of using leftover ham and hard-cooked eggs...they always made the holidays extra special. Childhood memories are made of tasty treats like these.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small bowl; set
- whites aside. Mash yolks; stir in ham, mayonnaise, relish, mustard,
- salt and pepper. Spoon into the egg whites. Cover and chill until
- ready to serve. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 225 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.