Deviled English Muffins
My mother made these deliciously different sandwiches often when I was growing up. Served with fresh fruit and coleslaw, they make a fast summertime meal. - Pamela Dietsche, Bloomer, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 6 English muffins, split
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Spread meat mixture over muffin halves. Place
- on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10
- minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
You can also shape the meat mixture for Deviled English Muffins into patties. Broil, grill or pan-fry until no longer pink and serve on hamburger buns.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.