Because blue crabs are so plentiful in Maryland, we're always looking for new ways to enjoy them. This recipe is easy, elegant and delicious!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons each finely chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Assorted fresh vegetables or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, lemon-pepper and pepper sauce. Stir in crab. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Deviled Crab Dip in Country February/March 2002, p49
Reviews for Deviled Crab Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2011
"I mixed mayo and sour cream together instead of using straight mayo. Turned out wonderfully and is a keeper recipe for us!"
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"Mine was a bit juicy--thought I drained the crab well enough. The taste was definitely deviled crab, which I love!!"