Deviled Crab Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine crab, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, milk, onions, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of butter; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 738 calories, 46g fat (26g saturated fat), 392mg cholesterol, 1801mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Deviled Crab Casserole
"Just ok; no "deviled" flavor. Does not need any butter. Was better on rice than on crackers, tortilla chips, or plain. Would not purchase crab to make this."
"If you want crab, this is fab!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.