Deviled Crab Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine crab, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, milk, onions, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of butter; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 738 calories, 46g fat (26g saturated fat), 392mg cholesterol, 1801mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Deviled Crab Casserole
"Just ok; no "deviled" flavor. Does not need any butter. Was better on rice than on crackers, tortilla chips, or plain. Would not purchase crab to make this."
"If you want crab, this is fab!"