Deviled Crab Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine crab, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, milk, onions, eggs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of butter; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Combine remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and edges are bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 738 calories, 46 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 392 mg cholesterol, 1,801 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Deviled Crab Casserole
"Just ok; no "deviled" flavor. Does not need any butter. Was better on rice than on crackers, tortilla chips, or plain. Would not purchase crab to make this."
"If you want crab, this is fab!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.