Deviled Crab Casserole
AFTER creating this recipe, I later pared it down to serve two. I serve this entree often, since it's so easy to assemble.
Along with a green salad, dessert and coffee, this casserole makes a quick, delicious lunch or dinner.
-Helen Bachman, Champaign, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- In a bowl, combine crab, 3/4 cup of bread crumbs, milk, onions, eggs,
- salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Add 4 tablespoons of
- butter; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Combine remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 16-18
- minutes or until golden brown and edges are bubbly. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 738 calories, 46 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 392 mg cholesterol, 1,801 mg sodium,