Deviled Crab Recipe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually stir in cream until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the crab, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and chives.
- Spoon into six greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet. Combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over tops. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Deviled Crab(3)
Sort By :
The description of this recipe really made me want to try it. I LOVE crab meat, so I figured this was going to be a winner. After spending $25 on the ingredients to make this, 45 minutes later I was emptying my $25 into the trash. The flavor was just not good. It was fun to make, but tasted horrible. I was really hoping that this was going to be as yummy as the description implied.
The recipe description incorrectly mentions cream cheese. There is not any cream cheese in the recipe and it is correct as printed.
We apologize for the error.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Description mentions cream cheese but is not listed as an ingredient, Is there a mistake in the recipe?
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >