Deviled Baked Steak Recipe
- 2 pound beef top round steak (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cooked noodles or mashed potatoes
- 1. Trim excess fat from steak; cut into serving-size pieces. Combine flour, mustard, salt and pepper; pound into steak.
- 2. In a skillet, brown steak in oil in batches. Place meat in a large baking dish; top with onion. Combine the tomatoes, carrot, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat to a serving platter. If desired, simmer tomato-onion mixture until it is reduced to a thick gravy. Serve meat and gravy with noodles or mashed potatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Deviled Baked Steak
"The gravy was delicious over mashed potatoes and the steak was very tender.I think breading the steak gave it a really good taste and helped thicken the gravy."
"Yum! This was so good that I should have doubled the recipe. There were seven of us at dinner and there wasn't a morsel left."
"Had a couple of round steaks in the freezer. Decent recipe but not overly impressive."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.