- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in sugar and butter until butter is melted. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to reach a spreading consistency. Frost cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Devil's Food Sheet Cake
Sort By :
"I baked this cake last night and brought it into work today in honor of a co-worker's 60th birthday. While I didn't use the frosting recipe here, instead frosting the cake with sweetened whipped cream that was stabilized with a little gelatin, I'm still giving this recipe a five-star rating. All of my co-workers loved it! My ten-year-old was not at all happy when I wouldn't let her have a piece of the cake last night (as a consolation prize I let her lick the spoon and the beaters), so now I have to make it again for her this weekend. This looks like a recipe that would easily be halved."