- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water (batter will be thick). Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 10-13 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 28 cookies.
Reviews for Devil's Food Cookies
"I recently made these cookies for a meeting at school. Not a one was left! They were very well received and the comments were: "They're so puffy and soft." "So chocolatey and delicious." I love that they start with a mix because sometimes you have little time to bake. While you probably could use regular size chips, the mini chips don't seem to take over the cookie."
"they were alright, nothing spectacular"
"I doubled the recipe and used Andes Candies Mint Chips. They taste like a Thin Mint, but cakier! Love them! The batter is VERY thick, as prior posts said, but I loved the ease of just a few ingredient! Definitely will make this again!"
"LOVE these cookies! They are a hit in our house!"
"Very good. Used Betty Crocker mix and one batch became flat. I noticed the one batch where I had a smaller amount came out puffy."