- one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and
- cooled chocolate. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt
- and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour
- cream and water, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10
- minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool
- For frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate
- over low heat. Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes. In a large bowl,
- beat confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth. Gradually
- add chocolate mixture, beating until light and fluffy. Spread
- between layers and over top and sides of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 678 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.