- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with water and sour cream. Transfer to
- two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate
- over low heat. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. In a large
- bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until frosting is light and
- fluffy. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 678 calories, 29 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.