Waffles are not just for breakfast anymore. Drizzle with chocolate, top with strawberry pie filling and a scoop of ice cream and you have a delicious dessert. Use the remaining pie filling as a topping for your breakfast waffle.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 frozen waffles
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 3/4 cup strawberry pie filling
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Toast waffles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 45 seconds or until chips are
- melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle over waffles; let stand for 5
- minutes or until hardened. Top each with 2 tablespoons pie filling
- and a scoop of ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 waffle with 1/2 cup ice cream equals 403 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.