Terri Casteel of Fairfax, Virginia uses a touch of vanilla to turn fruit and berry flavors into a delightful dessert. This four-ingredient treat is a pear-fect way to top off dinner without spending lots of time in the kitchen.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 medium pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place pear halves in an 11-in. x 7-in. dish. In a small bowl, mix the
- cranberry juice, preserves and vanilla until blended; pour over
- pears. Microwave, covered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until pears
- are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 156 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.