Dessert From the Grill Recipe
In Boulder, Colorado, Becky Gillespie completes a grilled meal with this light, refreshing dessert. "By the time we're done eating, the coals have cooled to the right temperature," she notes. "I brush the slices of pineapple and pound cake with a sweet sauce, toast them on the grill and top 'em with ice cream and convenient caramel sauce."
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices pound cake
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple rings (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- 2. In a microwave-safe dish, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple rings and cake slices.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, cook pineapple and cake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, brushing occasionally with remaining pineapple juice mixture.
- 4. Top each slice of cake with a pineapple ring and scoop of ice cream; drizzle with caramel topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC