Dessert From the Grill Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices pound cake
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple rings (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- 2. In a microwave-safe dish, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple rings and cake slices.
- 3. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, cook pineapple and cake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, brushing occasionally with remaining pineapple juice mixture.
- 4. Top each slice of cake with a pineapple ring and scoop of ice cream; drizzle with caramel topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Dessert From the Grill
"First, I have to say I only used the sauce part of this recipe. I did not use the pound cake with it. The sauce was easy to make and tasty. It gave the pineapple a nice taste but was not too sweet as some sauces are."
"Doing this tonight after our BBQ! Thanks!!"