- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices pound cake
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice and six pineapple rings (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use).
- In a microwave-safe dish, combine the butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Brush half of the mixture on both sides of pineapple rings and cake slices.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, cook pineapple and cake for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, brushing occasionally with remaining pineapple juice mixture.
- Top each slice of cake with a pineapple ring and scoop of ice cream; drizzle with caramel topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Dessert From the Grill
Sort By :
"First, I have to say I only used the sauce part of this recipe. I did not use the pound cake with it. The sauce was easy to make and tasty. It gave the pineapple a nice taste but was not too sweet as some sauces are."
"I went ahead and preped as much as I could before the BBQ was served. It was so easy to slap on the pound cake and pineapple slices after dinner. Brushed on the wonderful mixture and had it on the table in about 5 minutes. What a nice combo of flavors. Super easy and lots of wows from the guests!"
"Doing this tonight after our bbq! Thanks!!"