Dessert Custard Sauce Recipe
No need to stand over the stove to make a custard sauce. Bunny Richardson of Russellville, Alabama created this streamlined version. Goes great over fresh fruit or cake.
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, beat 1 cup milk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the cream, sugar, vanilla and remaining milk; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a pitcher; refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/3 cup: 121 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Dessert Custard Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC