No need to stand over the stove to make a custard sauce. Bunny Richardson of Russellville, Alabama created this streamlined version. Goes great over fresh fruit or cake.
Recommended: 16 Zucchini Dessert Recipes
- 2 cups cold milk, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat 1 cup milk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the cream, sugar, vanilla and remaining milk; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a pitcher; refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Dessert Custard Sauce in Country Woman November/December 2006, p6
Reviews for Dessert Custard Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review