Dessert Corn Crepes Recipe
Although I'm in my 80's, I still love to cook. I often serve these crepes as a unique dessert. You can replace apricot jam with your favorite filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. YIELD:11 servings
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11 tablespoons apricot jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- LEMON CREAM:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Place corn in a blender; cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk cornstarch, flour and milk until smooth. Stir in eggs, pureed corn, butter and salt until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. Spread 1 tablespoon apricot jam over each crepe. Fold in half, then fold in half again, making triangles. Dust with confectioners' sugar. In a small bowl, combine the lemon cream ingredients. Serve with crepes. Yield: 11 crepes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC