Dessert Bruschetta with Nectarine Salsa
This is an easy, no-cook dessert for hot summer days, writes Sally Sibthorpe of Shelby Township, Michigan. The flavors work wonderfully together.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 2 slices pound cake
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the nectarine, raspberries and mint. Let
- stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread cake slices with cheese; top with nectarine mixture. Drizzle
- with honey. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 358 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 143 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.