This is an easy, no-cook dessert for hot summer days. The flavors work wonderfully together. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
- 1 medium nectarine, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 2 slices pound cake
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the nectarine, raspberries and mint. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread cake slices with cheese; top with nectarine mixture. Drizzle with honey. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Dessert Bruschetta with Nectarine Salsa in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Dessert Bruschetta with Nectarine Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
"Also good with peaches and fresh pineapple.Yum!"