Desperation Chicken Dinner
"This dish saves a lot of time when I need a quick supper on busy nights," explains Penny Mularz of Auburn, Michigan. "I keep cooked chicken in the freezer to speed up the preparation. Sometimes I substitute carrots for the frozen corn."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add noodles with contents
- of seasoning packets, chicken, peas and corn. Cook, uncovered, for
- 4-6 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in the
- mushrooms; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 305 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 751 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.