Desperation Chicken Dinner Recipe
"This dish saves a lot of time when I need a quick supper on busy nights," explains Penny Mularz of Auburn, Michigan. "I keep cooked chicken in the freezer to speed up the preparation. Sometimes I substitute carrots for the frozen corn."
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add noodles with contents of seasoning packets, chicken, peas and corn. Cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables and noodles are tender. Stir in the mushrooms; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Desperation Chicken Dinner in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p39
Reviews for Desperation Chicken Dinner(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2013
Have made this dish following recipe, above. Will try broccoli/carrots next time, since peas and corn have a lot of carbs.
More Recipe Collections
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >