Desert Oasis Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Flatten chicken slightly; rub with oil. Combine the salt, pepper flakes, cumin and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Add the apricots, tropical fruit, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1/4 cup apricot mixture equals 288 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Desert Oasis Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.