Desert Oasis Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Mix first four ingredients. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Rub with oil; sprinkle with seasonings.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Add apricots, tropical fruit, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1/4 cup apricot mixture: 288 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Desert Oasis Chicken
"Very easy and delicious! Great with rice, even fried rice and a green vegetable like Zucchini."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.