Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cook quickly and pair nicely with sweet and spicy ingredients like these. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken slightly; rub with oil. Combine the salt, pepper flakes, cumin and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Add the apricots, tropical fruit, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Desert Oasis Chicken in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Desert Oasis Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"Very easy and delicious! Great with rice, even fried rice and a green vegetable like Zucchini."