Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cook quickly and pair nicely with sweet and spicy ingredients like these. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix first four ingredients. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Rub with oil; sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Add apricots, tropical fruit, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-6 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Desert Oasis Chicken in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Desert Oasis Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"Very easy and delicious! Great with rice, even fried rice and a green vegetable like Zucchini."