- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned apricot halves, sliced
- 1/3 cup dried tropical fruit
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Minced fresh parsley
- Flatten chicken slightly; rub with oil. Combine the salt, pepper flakes, cumin and cinnamon. Sprinkle over chicken.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Add the apricots, tropical fruit, water and honey; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Desert Oasis Chicken in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p28
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Desert Oasis Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
Very easy and delicious! Great with rice, even fried rice and a green vegetable like Zucchini.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >