Derby Day Brie Recipe
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Apple or pear slices
- 2 tablespoons DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1. Place cheese on a microwave-safe serving dish. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, coffee liqueur and brown sugar; spoon over top of cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is softened. Toss apple or pear slices with pineapple juice. Serve with cheese. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer