Derby Day guests will be impressed when you present this attractive cheese spread. The mellow flavor of the cheese pairs well with the caramel-flavored topping.
- 1 round (13.2 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Apple or pear slices
- 2 tablespoons DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- Place cheese on a microwave-safe serving dish. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, coffee liqueur and brown sugar; spoon over top of cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is softened. Toss apple or pear slices with pineapple juice. Serve with cheese. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Derby Day Brie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p196
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Derby Day Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review