Denver Omelet Scramble
"For breakfast, lunch or dinner, this savory scramble is a satisfying entree anytime of the day," writes Ron Gardner from Grand Haven, Michigan.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup sliced peeled uncooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potato slices in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Cook until tender; drain. In a skillet, saute the potato, ham,
- onion, peppers and mushrooms in butter for 6-8 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with salt. Pour eggs over top. Cook
- and stir until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 451 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 489 mg cholesterol, 2,464 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.