- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, ham and green pepper.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Denver Omelet Pie
Sort By :
"This is one of my go- to recipes when I am in a hurry and it doesn't have to be for breakfast. It usually is a lunch meal. The only change I make is that instead of using onion powder I use 1/4 cup finely chopped onion. My family prefers it. Great recipe."