Denver Omelet Pie Recipe
"My family requests this hearty breakfast pie quite often," writes Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York. "It's very easy to make with frozen hash browns, looks pretty garnished with tomato slices and tastes absolutely delicious."
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, cheese, ham and green pepper.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Garnish with tomato slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Denver Omelet Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Denver Omelet Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >