- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into fourth. On a surface lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, roll out the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen (2-inch cookies).
Reviews for Deluxe Sugar Cookies
Sort By :
"I followed the recipe exactly as written, but my dough came out very soft. I chilled it over night so that I could roll out the cookies in the morning. I found that the dough got warm and soft very quickly, making it almost impossible to roll out and difficult to cut the cookie shapes. Should I have added more flour?"
"Excellent taste, rolled easily cut out easily! I cut almond extract to 1/4 Tsp."
"The taste is good, but this recipe isn't very conducive to cutout cookies ... they don't hold their crisp shape when baking."
"My Mom has been using this recipe for more than 40 years. It is a family favorite. Using parchment paper under the cookies helps prevent the issue of sticking to the cookie sheet."
"Mmmmmm! My favorite sugar cookie recipe by far!"