Deluxe Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into fourth. On a surface lightly sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, roll out the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen (2-inch cookies).
Reviews for Deluxe Sugar Cookies(8)
Sort By :
Excellent taste, rolled easily cut out easily! I cut almond extract to 1/4 Tsp.
The taste is good, but this recipe isn't very conducive to cutout cookies ... they don't hold their crisp shape when baking.
My Mom has been using this recipe for more than 40 years. It is a family favorite. Using parchment paper under the cookies helps prevent the issue of sticking to the cookie sheet.
Mmmmmm! My favorite sugar cookie recipe by far!
Have used this receipe for a long time except I add 1/2 tsp salt and bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Sugar Cookies >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Sugar Cookie Recipes >