This is the family favorite dish for special occasions, and we always make it for my granddaughter's birthday. Mushrooms are a wonderful addition if you like them. —Vickie Oldham, Dubuque, Iowa
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef and sausage with onion and pepper over medium-high heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, pizza sauce and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Cut into pieces. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Deluxe Pizza Casserole in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p118