Deluxe Meat Loaf
This is not only my family's favorite meat loaf when I serve it hot for supper...it's also the highlight of our midday lunch when I slice cold leftovers for sandwiches.Ruth Fisher, Kingston, Ontario
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- In a large bowl, combine first nine ingredients and mix well. Press
- into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350°for 1 hour. Remove
- from oven; drain. Spoon chili sauce over loaf. Return to oven and
- bake 20 minutes longer or until no pink remains. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.